Peter Henson leads the Mid-Atlantic’s most progressive Manufacturers’ Representative agency in the sanitary maintenance industry. Always ahead of the crowd, Peter is an expert in sustainable building issues, trends and solutions.
In an effort to represent his principals in the most professional manner possible and provide the most value to the agency’s clients, Peter has invested heavily in training and education for himself and his associates. Focusing most recently on sustainable building issues commonly referred to as “green cleaning”, Peter earned the Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA) credential and has been invited to speak to many industry groups.
Since 2007, Peter has been helping multiple National and Regional Building Service Contractors achieve the ISSA’s Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS). This standard assesses cleaning organizations in six universally accepted quality practices including Green Cleaning. Thanks in part to Peter’s efforts, all his clients have achieved certification “With Honors”.
Peter’s extensive experience in all facets of building maintenance qualifies him to offer comprehensive advice and guidance to commercial building owners, property managers, building service contractors, in-service providers and distributors on all things “green”. Peter is qualified to:
- Identify and articulate key sustainable building practices and goals
- Analyze the costs and benefits of implementation
- Work with designers, architects, builders, operators, and utilities managers to achieve them in their projects
- Apply LEED, Built Green, and other relevant criteria and established guidelines effectively
Also on the “green” front, Peter is an active member of the Delaware Valley Green Building Council and participates on the schools committee. In this role Peter is currently working with the committee in projects designed to assist any school in creating a clean and healthy school.
A very active networker, Peter is the co-founder of GreenNet (www.greennetsolutions.com), a Philadelphia based group comprised of local sustainable building professionals. The group works towards advancing sustainable building initiatives on each others behalf as well as helping each others’ clients achieve similar goals.
Peter also completed a 3-year certification program developed by the Manufacturers’ Representatives Educational Research Foundation (MRERF), thereby earning his Certified Professional Manufacturers Representative (CPMR) credential. This program, conducted at the University Of Indiana School Of Business, was taught by members of their faculty as well as representatives of the industry and allowed Peter to learn many of the skills necessary to manage a successful rep agency. To maintain his certification, Peter earns 3 CEU’s (30 hours of course work) every 3 years.
- Peter attended The University of Industry Distribution at Ohio State University School of Business. This intensive week long program focused on supply side issues facing the distribution channel and how channel participants can profitably adjust to changes and threats within the channel. Understanding these issues and developing strategies to help distribution respond and profit from them, has helped Henson Sales be of enhanced service to all distribution channel partners: end users, distributors, wholesalers and manufacturers.
- Peter successfully completed the ISSA’s Cleaning System Design Workshop developed by the American Institute for Cleaning Sciences. This program is designed to train executives in designing different types of cleaning systems to maximize cleaning operations in different types of buildings.
- Attended Janitor University in Salt Lake City, Utah. Understanding supply side issues better, Peter then focused on the ultimate customer, the end user. This weeklong program helps participants understand how to effectively maintain large institutions’ cleanliness through the implementation of a cleaning operating system. By successfully completing this program, Peter is better able to represent end user issues to both distributors and manufacturers.
- Peter is a regular attendee at continuing education programs at Executrain, Temple University and Main Line Chamber of Commerce to name a few.
Very active in trade associations, Peter has served two 3 year terms on the Manufacturers Representatives of America Board of Directors (MRA) and was Chairman of their Conference held at the PGA National in Palm Beach, FL. In addition, Peter was also the ISSA District 2 Representative-at-Large serving on the ISSA Rep Council for 4 terms. In the past, Peter also served as:
- ISSA Young Executive Society Rep at Large Coordinator
- ISSA Young Executive Society District 2 Coordinator
- ISSA Technology Committee
- NJSSA Supply Line Chairman
- NJSSA Vice President
Before starting his own Manufacturer Representative and Consulting Agency, Peter was Territory Manager for Amrep, Inc. in the metropolitan New York City market. Prior to that Peter was an Account Supervisor at Mallory Factor, Inc., a Top 10 independent public relations firm in Manhattan. An honors graduate of Hofstra University with a B.A. degree in Communications Arts and a minor in Speech Arts, Peter also attended graduate school at Columbia University in 1989 – 1991. Peter makes his home in Bryn Mawr, PA with his wife Susan, son Kyle, and daughter Kira.